Sunday, December 22, 2013

12 Days of Christmas for Teachers

I absolutely love giving special little treats to the boy's teachers throughout the year.  Being a teacher myself, I think I have an enhanced appreciation for all that teachers really do, much of which goes unnoticed, and not a penny extra is earned (like staying at school till 5 pm working on ways to enhance instruction; developing and preparing our own curriculum and activities; spending countless hours and weekends working on lesson plans; spending more money than we make buying items and supplies for our classrooms and treats for our students...).  The demands on teachers are greater than ever, and I believe that the majority of teachers go the extra mile because they have a genuine love for the students.  I so appreciate all that my boy's teachers do for them.  They both absolutely love school, and I couldn't be more grateful for that.

At Christmastime, we give the teaches a little gift each day for the last 12 school days before the holiday break.  I found some really cute ideas on Marci Coombs blog, and just adjusted them to work for us!  Here's what I came up with for this year's 12 Days of Christmas for our favorite teachers!
(P.S. - For some reason I don't have a picture of day 10)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment